Siemens Healthineers engineered the compact and powerful ACUSON P500™, a portable ultrasound system to equip clinicians with a powerful lineup of clinical applications right at the bedside. It is your go-to platform to evaluate clinical manifestations, facilitate accurate diagnoses, and to assist procedures in emergency and critical care.The ACUSON P500 also offers an IntraCardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Edition that integrates the imaging capabilities of the ACUSON AcuNav™ family of catheters to the ACUSON P500 system.
ACUSON P500 Ultrasound
Features & Benefits
With the ACUSON P500, Siemens Healthineers is enabling high quality of care and ultrasound imaging anytime, anywhere.
The ACUSON P500 improves image quality with exclusive motion correction and a diverse range of applications and features designed specifically for your area of expertise and needs. With Siemen’s innovative technology, image quality is paramount.
- Reduce motion artifacts and noise while simultaneously enhancing color sensitivity with Dynamic Persistence and Auto Flash Artifact Suppression technology.
- Visualize subtle tissue variations with Dynamic TCE™ tissue contrast enhancement, enhance anatomical detail with Advanced SieClear™ spatial compounding and optimize images with one button, employing TEQ™ ultrasound technology
- Leverage Clarify™ vascular enhancement (VE) technology that uniquely utilizes power Doppler flow information to enhance B-mode imaging
ACUSON P500 offers a wide range of innovative applications that make diagnostic and therapeutic exams less complicated and more standardized. Exclusive automated solutions available only with ACUSON P500 improve scan time, expedite workflow and increase operational efficiency.
- Perform a wide range of exams with the Stress Echo application, which creates user-defined protocols and offers flexible review formats and visual analysis
- Improve accuracy and reproducibility with the eSie Measure™ workflow acceleration package, the first application that provides automated measurements for routine echo exams
- Reduce training time, variability in skill and operation errors with eSieScan™ Protocol, a unique semi-automated guided workflow designed to automate and simplify routine tasks.
The ACUSON P500, with its unmatched diagnostic and workflow solutions enables you to work more efficiently, consistently and clearly with powerful applications that enable you to increase patient throughput.
- Improve visibility with Needle Visualization Enhancement that employs unique multi-beam spatial compounding and other optimization techniques while still maintaining excellent image quality, especially at steeper angles.
- Utilize wide range of transducers that cover multiple applications
- Reduce noise for image clarity and minimize artifact caused by ablation technique using the newly engineered SwiftLink™ catheter connector for ACUSON P500.
ACUSON P500 IntraCardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Edition
The ACUSON P500, with a smaller footprint in a crowded technology environment, also offers an IntraCardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Edition that integrates the imaging capabilities of the ACUSON AcuNav™ family of catheters to the ACUSON P500 system. The utilization of the 10F & 8F ACUSON AcuNav ultrasound catheters provide real-time visualization of cardiac anatomy, catheters and devices within the heart and creates 3D contours of the heart chambers with the SoundStar® catheter. In addition, the bedside remote control capability allows the clinician quick access to image optimization.
The ACUSON P500 enables reliable and fast imaging by offering new and pioneering high-end imaging technology. It provides standardized, high-quality images with more depth, clearer border definition and more tissue variation.
Dynamic Persistence prevents ghosting when probe or patient motion is detected. It enhances color sensitivity and reduces B-mode noise when no motion is detected.
Auto Flash Color Artifact Suppression
Siemens proprietary and ground-breaking technology detects and prevents motion artifacts associated with probe and patient movement. It enhances color imaging sensitivity when no motion detected.
Enhanced Needle Visualization
Enhanced needle visualization allows for advanced image formation to improve the display of the needle. It utilizes unique Pixel former architecture for multiple needle interrogation angles without reducing frame rate. Proprietary blending algorithm and speckle filters deliver optimal needle visualization while maintaining image quality.
Clarify Vascular Enhancement (VE) Technology
Clarify™ VE technology is a real-time, adaptive, pixel-by pixel analysis implemented through a simple, time-saving user interface that provides multiple levels of clarification to optimize tissue contrast resolution and definition of both tissue and vessel walls according to user preference. Clarify VE technology is available on all curved and linear transducers.
syngo Arterial Health Package (AHP)
syngo® Arterial Health Package provides the clinician with the capability to measure Carotid Intima-Media Thickness (CIMT) and the option to reference normative tables that have been validated and published in peer-reviewed studies.1 The information is intended to provide a straightforward tool for communicating with patients the relative state of their cardiovascular system.
eSie Measure Workflow Acceleration Package
The eSie Measure™ workflow acceleration package is the first innovative application that provides semi-automated measurements for routine echo exams, improving efficiency and consistency for end users. Based on a knowledge base of over a thousand expert-traced datasets, the eSie Measure package improves accuracy and reproducibility.
System and Transducer Details
- Dimensions: 40.2 cm (L) × 37.4 cm (H) × 7.15 cm (D)
- Weight : 7.2 kg
- Internal 180 GB SSD
- Quick boot (ready to scan in less than 30 seconds)
- Dual input devices: conventional control panel and touch screen
- Operate for approximately one hour on battery power under normal use conditions
- Clear protective control panel cover to support infection control
- Three active transducer ports that support high density phased array, curved array and linear array transducers. (please refer to transducer flyer in the download section for more details)