March 24, 2022 — GE Healthcare unveiled a major digital update for Vscan Air, its cutting-edge, wireless handheld pocket-sized ultrasound device that provides crystal clear image quality, whole-body scanning capabilities, and intuitive software - all in the palm of clinicians’ hands. The new digital tools, accessible through optional subscriptions, are designed to enhance the handheld ultrasound experience by improving workflow with secure collaboration, image, and device management solutions.
The Vscan Air Fleet Solution, designed for hospitals, health systems and other large organizations, includes access to the MyRemoteShare1, a collaboration tool powered by Zoom, and MyDeviceHub, which allows administrators to remotely manage and control an entire fleet of devices from one centralized, web-based portal. The Vscan Air Individual Solution, designed for small practices and individual users, includes MyImageCloud2, a secure image management solution, and MyRemoteShare.
James Hurley, General Manager, Handheld Ultrasound at GE Healthcare, commented: “The launch of the Vscan Air last year was the culmination of innovation and collaboration with our customers to drive better patient outcomes at the point of care. Today, that innovation and collaboration endure. Clinicians asked and we listened—incorporating their most requested features into Vscan Air. Handheld technology just got a lot more efficient with digital solutions that meet enterprise and individual clinician needs.”
Today, healthcare enterprises are demanding tools that allow them to manage their fleet of handheld ultrasound devices efficiently and securely, from end to end. Small practices and individual clinicians are asking for the right tools that allow them to maximize workflow efficiencies, image management and collaboration to allow more time to focus on patient care and outcomes.
Karley Yoder, Chief Digital Officer, Ultrasound at GE Healthcare, said: “Advances in digital technologies are transforming every industry, and healthcare is no exception. Through Vscan Air Digital Tools, we are propelling ultrasound forward into a future that users are demanding. A future that empowers clinicians to spend more time with patients, and less time collecting data. A future that unlocks better clinical outcomes and operational efficiencies across an entire enterprise.”
By combining the power of Vscan Air with these innovative subscriptions, users get brilliant image quality with enhanced workflow, cloud data and image management, delivering collaboration, control, security and a user experience that keeps clinicians connected so they can See more, Treat faster.
MyImageCloud makes managing, storing, and remotely accessing image data and exams on the cloud more efficient. Individual clinicians and small practices can easily upload exams to the cloud from the Vscan Air app with this secure, cloud based PACS data and image storage and review solution that support DICOMweb export. Clinicians can:
- Share studies for training, education and consultations
- Eliminate the need to store data on the mobile device to minimize data privacy risks
- Share images with staff digitally to get faster second opinions and referrals
- Access images and data from anywhere
MyRemoteShare makes it easier than ever to share information and collaborate remotely. Clinicians can securely connect with colleagues and educators in real-time with audio, video, and screen share capabilities, powered by Zoom. This feature can be used to:
- Broadcast Vscan Air App screen and video feed of the probe position to peers
- Train students; run ultrasound labs
- Enable assistance for community clinics/physician offices
- Help in infectious disease scenarios
MyDeviceHub allows administrators to remotely manage and control an entire fleet of Vscan Air devices from one centralized, web-based portal. Administrators will be able to:
- Register and manage all Vscan Air Devices centrally
- Seamlessly group devices into Fleets and assign probes to specific departments
- Set up DICOM destinations per Fleet
- Get more security and privacy- ensure only authorized users can scan
- Get complete visibility on usage and utilization including where and when a probe was used, by which user, and manage assignments per department.
The subscriptions will be available for purchase beginning in the United States in Q2 of 2022.
GE Healthcare pioneered the first color pocket-sized ultrasound, Vscan, in 2010 and has since continued to revolutionize the way clinicians see patients. To date, there are over 30,000 Vscan Family systems in the pockets of clinicians, impacting the care of more than 50 million patients worldwide. The Vscan Air continues the company’s commitment to innovation and transforming the clinical exam by making it easier to acquire high quality ultrasound images. And this is only the beginning.
For information: https://handheldultrasound.gehealthcare.com/
1 The quality of the ultrasound image visible to the remote participant is dependent on the network connection and display device used by the participant and cannot be validated. MyRemoteShare is therefore not intended for diagnostic purposes.
2 Works with Centricity Universal Zero Footprint and Centricity Enterprise Archive
* Products mentioned in the material may be subject to government regulation and may not be available in all countries. Shipment and the effective sale can only occur after approval from the regulator. Please check with your local GE representative for details.